Studio 350 is a professional-grade studio that is perfect for recording, filming and post-production.Studio 350 is open to all members of the WUSTL community. It is located in the Paul and Angel Harvey Media Center on the third floor of the DUC at Washington University in St. Louis.
Contact Studio 350 for more information:
Danforth University Center, Room 348
6475 Forsyth Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63150
Chief Engineer: Sean Bomher
Studio 350 has open lab hours from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, no reservations are required to use the space during these hours. If you would like to schedule a time outside of the open lab hours, you may e-mail DUC@wustl.edu to arrange a time, based on availability.
Recording sessions are contingent upon the availability of recording studio technicians.
- The Studio 350 technician is in charge of the space during the recording session. He or she has the authority to enforce policies of the space during each session.
- Users are welcome to bring their own technicians; however, one Studio 350 technician must be present at each recording session.
- Users are to provide their own media (CDs for burning).
- Absolutely no food or drink is permitted in or near the control room or Studio.
- Users agree to hold Washington University, its governing board, officers, agents, employees, students, and volunteers harmless for any injury that might occur to the user (artist) while using the space and equipment. The University cannot and does not assume responsibility for such injury or damage, even if such injury or damage is a result of the negligence of the University or other parties released. Users further acknowledge that it is their responsibility to understand proper use and maintenance of the equipment with which they will be working and to take all required precautions for safety as requested of them or discovered through their own knowledge.
- Users agree that they will be held responsible for physical loss of or damage to the equipment contained in the Studio, or damage to the Studio itself, beyond normal wear and tear. Accordingly, users agree to reimburse the University for physical loss or damage to the Equipment or the Studio.
- Users agree to comply with University policies and procedures at all times during their use of the Studio. Failure to adhere to those policies and procedures may result in the loss of future Studio privileges.
- Users are guaranteed final ownership of the master recording
- Sessions must be requested at least two weeks in advance of the requested date.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to give 24-hour notice will result in a charge of one hour of recording time.
Studio 350 is equipped with the following equipment, which may be utilized to record voiceover work, bands, choirs, etc:
- A Toft 24 channel Mixer (series ATB)
- A dual monitor apple G5 computer with Pro Tools 7.4.2 software
- 2 Digidesign 003 racks
- 4 JBL studio monitors
- 8 Sennheiser HD600 Headphones
- 1 Rolls 6 channel Headphone Amplifier
- Mic stands (both boom and straight)
- 1 Steinway upright piano
- 1 Hoverdeck drum riser platform
- 2 Auralex guitar amp platforms
- 2 Marshall JVM half stack amplifiers
- 4 AT 3035 AudioTechnica condenser mics
- 3 KSM44/SL Shure condenser mics
- E935 Sennheiser dynamic mics
- 2 Audix DP7 Drum mic kits
- Wind screens and pop filters
- Assorted cabling (Including XLRs and Monster Instrument Cable)
- 2 Marantz PMD 660 Field recording units with nylon carrying cases