The Campus Life Student Assistant serves as a first point of contact and information for students, staff, and visitors to the Campus Life and Student Union offices. A student in this position should demonstrate excellent customer services skills and have a basic knowledge of student groups and the teams and responsibilities within Campus Life.
- Greeting visitors to the Campus Life office
- Directing visitors to the staff person or area of need
- Assisting Campus Life staff with general office tasks as assigned
- Receiving and cataloging packages delivered to Student Union groups/notifying groups of package delivery
- Assist student groups with the process of turning in receipts, check requests, using SU Finance, How Things Work, available resources in the work room
- Organizing and replenishing student work room supplies
- Staffing the Student Union paint room
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled student at Washington University in St. Louis
- Eligible for Federal Work Study (highly preferred)
- Previous experience with SU Finance (highly preferred)
- Knowledge and comfort with current technology
- Ability to communicate with staff and clients, take direction, and self-motivate
- Ability to problem solve
The Campus Life DUCSA ultimately reports to the Student Union Business Manager and works collaboratively with all members of the Campus Life office.
Students will work a minimum of 6 hours per week when the Campus Life office is open for student use : Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 10 pm and Saturday/Sunday noon – 10 pm. Paint Room hours are 10 am – 6 pm on Saturday and Sunday.