The Campus Life – Event Management Event Assistant serves as a point of contact and information for those using the department managed spaces for events and activities. Responsibilities include event coverage, maintaining managed spaces for use in this regard, Harvey Media Center tech assistance, and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for printing and placing signage for events
- Staff events and/or provide pre-event coverage based on required needs
- Conduct post event evaluations
- Provide technical support/troubleshoot for the audio/visual equipment associated with events and facilities
- Provide support for Event Coordinators in set-up and support of technology needed for events
- Inventory management and readiness of equipment in spaces and the Harvey Media Center
- Deliver, set-up, and pick-up audiovisual equipment to/from spaces in a timely, courteous manner while also assisting the requester with set-up (will be on a case by case basis)
- Weekly Harvey Media Center tech shift to assist in weekend equipment rentals and returns
- Assist with maintaining the Steinway Pianos within the Premier Spaces on campus
- Assist with the nightly closing of Holmes Lounge and complete on site facilities checks in Premier spaces
- Report any comments, problems, or concerns relating to spaces to the Event Management staff
- Currently enrolled student at Washington University in St. Louis
- Eligible for Federal Work Study (preferred but not required)
- Available to return to campus by Monday August 21, 2017 for training
- Knowledge and comfort with current technology
- Ability to communicate with staff and clients, problem solve, take direction, and self-motivate
Training and Supervision Received
All Event Assistants are required to attend a comprehensive training at the beginning of the semester and subsequent meetings thereafter. The Event Assistants report to the Event Management team within Campus Life.
Event Assistants work non-conventional hours typically in the evenings and on weekends. The average amount of hours worked each week is between 8-10 hours but on special occasion could extend to 15 hours. Compensation is $10/hour.