The Danforth University Center Student Assistant serves as a point of contact and information for those using the building for events and activities. The event services team’s primary responsibility is providing coverage and oversight for student, faculty and staff events held throughout the building.
Primary Zone Tasks
Event team members will be cross trained and will work shifts at both Danforth University Center desks including: The Tisch Commons desk and the Fun Room desk. Team members will complete desk specific tasks and will have a working knowledge of the needs of the zone they are covering.
- Serve as first point of contact for building users in person or over the phone concerning wayfinding and general information regarding building and campus happenings
- Emergency Management
- Manage fireplaces during working hours
- Record/Communicate problems or suggestions about the building
- Zone management as defined by desk area, including building opening and closing procedures
- Pull easels and directional signs when needed
- Management of building use including study rooms, meeting room monitoring, supplying Card Access assistance, and assisting with the a/v in the building
- Complete other duties as assigned
Primary Team Tasks
In addition to completing the desk specific tasks during each shift, Event team members will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the following:
- Staffing and facilitating the setup of DUC programming. These programs include Tuesday Tea @ 3, DUC N Donuts, and Trivia Night.
- Coordination and execution of Fun Room programming and a working knowledge of the various Fun Room a/v systems.
- Event Coverage for client-run events in the Danforth University Center. This includes greeting the client, checking event specifics for space set-up, managing the Tisch sound and tech needs for events, putting out and putting away easels and directional signs when needed.
Training and Supervision Received
All DUCSA’s are required to attend a comprehensive training at the beginning of the semester and DUCSA monthly meetings thereafter. The Danforth University Center Student Assistant reports to the Events Student Manager. All student assistants ultimately report to the Director of the Danforth University Center and work collaboratively with all members of Campus Life.
Hours and Payment
Danforth University Center Student Assistant will cover the University Center Information Desks during the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and Noon- 12:30 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Other hours may apply based on event scheduling and program coverage. Starting pay will be $8.00 an hour.