The Danforth University Center Student Assistant serves as a point of contact and information for those
using the building for events and activities. The Fun Room team’s primary responsibility is the smooth
functioning of and access to the Fun Room equipment for the Washington University community.
- Serve as first point of contact for building users in person or over the phone concerning wayfinding and general information regarding building and campus happenings
- Record/Communicate problems or suggestions about the building
- Assist with events in the Goldberg Formal Lounge and manage the Steinway piano in that space
- Fireplace management during working hours
- Zone management as defined by desk area, including building opening and closing procedures
- Management of building use and resources including study rooms, meeting room monitoring, supplying card access assistance, and providing assistance with the A/V in the building
- Complete other duties as assigned
Fun Room Management
- Fun Room screen and garage door access
- Video game and cable box checkout system
- Pool table management
- Manage and monitor events that are scheduled to happen in the Fun Room.
- Manage advertisements of events on the chalk wall
- Monitor use and general cleanliness of the Fun Room at the beginning and end of each shift, including managing dish return during each shift.
- Facilitate weekly free popcorn
Training and Supervision Received
All DUCSAs are required to attend a comprehensive training at the beginning of the semester and DUCSA monthly meetings thereafter. All new student employees must complete a series of training modules in the spring as a condition of their hire. The Danforth University Center Fun Room Student Assistant reports to the Fun Room Student Manager. All student assistants ultimately report to the Director of the Danforth University Center and work collaboratively with all members of Campus Life.
Hours and Payment
Danforth University Center Student Assistant will cover the University Center Information Desks during the hours of 9 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and Noon- 12:30 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Other hours may apply based on event scheduling and program coverage. Starting pay is $8.00 an hour.