The HMC Creative Designer is responsible for the design and creation ofadvertisements and publications for Campus Life and HMC Creative clients. As such, this position plays an important role in the branding and overall image of multiple departments within the Division of Student Affairs.
- Create designs in various formats for events, programs, and campus-wide initiatives. These designs include, but are not limited to flyers, signs, banners, and web graphics.
- Participate in ideation sessions when developing new designs or marketing campaigns.
- Consult and work with clients directly.
- Create weekly/monthly calendars as directed.
- Work with project managers to ensure efficient completion of work for clients.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Training and Supervision Received:
All HMC Creative student employees are required to attend a comprehensive training at the beginning of the semester and HMC Creative monthly meetings thereafter. The HMC CreativeDesigner reports to the Associate Director for Campus Life. All student assistants ultimately report to the Executive Director of Campus Lifeand workcollaboratively with all members of Campus Life.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe Photoshop, In-Design, and Illustrator.
- Experience creating print and web graphics, flyers, and other promotional materials.
- Efficiently create media to university and Division of Student Affairs standards.
- Comfortable working with deadlines.
- Maintain clear organization of files and work area.
- Must have good communication skills and ability to project a professional image.
Harvey Media Center Designers will work a flexible schedule tailored to the needs of the University Center staff and the availability of the student. A minimum of 10 hours and a maximum of 15 hours per week are required between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.