The Danforth University Center Student Assistant serves as a point of contact and information for those using the building for events and activities. The operations team’s primary responsibility is monitoring and maintaining Danforth University Center spaces helping to ensure a high satisfaction customer experience in the building.
Primary Zone Tasks
Operations team members will be cross trained and will work shifts at both Danforth University Center desks including: The Tisch Commons desk and The Fun Room desk. Team members will complete desk specific tasks and will have a working knowledge of the needs of the zone they are covering.
- Serve as first point of contact for building users in person or over the phone concerning wayfinding and general information regarding building and campus happenings
- Emergency Management
- Manage fireplaces during working hours
- Record/Communicate problems or suggestions about the building
- Zone management as defined by desk area, including building closing procedures
- Pull easels and directional signs when needed
- Management of building use including study rooms and supplying Card Access assistance
- Complete other duties as assigned
Primary Team Tasks
In addition to completing the desk specific tasks during each shift, operations team members will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the following:
- Utilization of the university wide scheduling system to manage DUC banner, Oak Walk banner, Chalk Wall, and tabling table reservations; maintaining an accurate inventory of banners; and communicating with clients and WFF regarding reservations.
- Meeting room management including: maintaining accurate meeting room signs and monitoring rooms to ensure accurate standard sets
- Building management including: piano watering, storage room inventory management, and other duties as assigned.
Training and Supervision Received
All DUCSA’s are required to attend a comprehensive training at the beginning of the semester and DUCSA monthly meetings thereafter. The Danforth University Center Student Assistant reports to the Operations Student Manager. All student assistants ultimately report to the Director of the Danforth University Center and work collaboratively with all members of Campus Life.
Hours and Payment
Danforth University Center Student Assistant will cover the University Center Information Desks during the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and Noon- 12:30 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Other hours may apply based on event scheduling and program coverage. Starting pay will be $8.00 an hour.